- 1 x 500g pack of pre-made shortcrust pastry.
- 300g (roughly) of leftover beef, diced or sliced.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 swede
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºc
- Divide the block of shortcrust pastry into 6 pieces
Roll out each piece, large enough to cut out around a side plate.
Then repeat these steps for each pasty.
- Lay thinly sliced potato across the centre.
- Top with diced onion, carrot and swede.
- Top with your left over beef, cut into slices or chunks and season with salt and black pepper.
- Top the meat with further slices of potato to keep the beef moist.
- Brush the pastry lightly with beaten egg and bring up sides to meet over the filling.
- Press the edges firmly together to seal.
- Crimp the edge using your thumb and forefinger.
- Brush all over with beaten egg.
Bake your batch of pasties for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 180ºc and continue cooking for further 20-25 minutes.